Archive for the ‘pumpkin recipes’ tag
September 26th, 2014 at 11:33 am
By Kim Ross
One of my favorite fall flavors is pumpkin. I buy canned pumpkin starting the first week of September all the way through the end of November. Below are several of my favorite recipe links, as well as my personal favorite recipe for pumpkin bars! There are so many delicious options!
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (3 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir dry mix into the pumpkin mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the batter evenly into an ungreased 10 x 15 jellyroll pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool before frosting.
- To make the frosting: Cream together the cream cheese and butter. Stir in vanilla. Add confectioners sugar, a little at a time, beating until mixture is smooth. Spread evenly on top of the cooled bars and cut into squares.