Archive for the ‘holiday tablescape’ tag
November 19th, 2014 at 3:08 pm
By Kim Ross
The holiday season is upon us. It’s fun to bring your table to life and create a nice, festive place to gather as family.
Here are some tips for making your tablescape come to life:
- Focus your decorating energy on the centerpiece. Fill a beautiful bowl with fruit, arrange some flowers, or use gourds, leaves, grapes, and other fall fruits and nuts. For a more wintery feel, use pinecones and evergreen branches to a bowl. Use ornaments, large colored light bulbs, and other Christmas items to fill in spaces.
- Use cut burlap as a table runner, or for winter, use metallic or holiday-colored fabric.
- Cover the table runner with gourds, leaves, mini pumpkins, and Indian corn for fall and Thanksgiving. Scatter different levels of candles among those things.
- Use ribbon to tie napkins or silverware together.
- Fill a mason jar with cranberries and water. Add a floating candle.
- Be inventive when choosing place cards. I have a collection of Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, and New Years themes.
The most important part is to make the table your own. Have it reflect your family, things you love, and other things that will make the event special.