Archive for the ‘bean salad’ tag
July 7th, 2014 at 1:48 pm
By Kim Ross
During the summer I love to use fresh ingredients to make our food. One of my family’ go-to summer favorites is Texas Caviar. We use this with our favorite tortilla chips or eat it as a side dish. This also keeps in the fridge for several days!
- 2 small jalapeños
- 1 cup chopped peppers (any mix of colors)
- ¼ cup red onion
- 1 can of black beans and 1 can of another type of bean (or 2 cans of black)
- 1 can of corn
- 1 chopped tomato
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup of chopped celery
- ¼ cup of chopped cilantro
- ¼ jar of italian dressing (your favorite)
- Chop up everything and put in a bowl. Mix in Italian dressing and let sit a minimum of 2 hours in fridge. Add cilantro at end and mix in.
- Serve with tortilla chips or as a salad.