July 3rd, 2014 at 9:00 am
By Kim Ross
The 4th of July has always been my favorite holiday. When I was a kid, I woke up early and sang songs like the Star Spangled Banner and This Land Is Your Land at the top of my lungs. I would unroll the family flag and my sister and I would have a flag ceremony where we would march from the back door to the front flag stand. We would hang the flag and then say the pledge of allegiance.
Here are some of the reasons I love the 4th of July…..
- the colors – red, white and blue
- patriotic music played by bands
- kids waving flags
- decorated bikes and strollers
- pinnacle of summer
- s’more brownies
- lawn games
- special outfits to show patriotism
- my mom wears her flag pin
- snow cones
- family gathered together
- water games
- God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood
What are your favorite things about the 4th of July?