March 7th, 2014 at 7:41 am
By Kim Ross
We all love saving money, but sometimes it feels like it is so much harder than it really is. Here are 25 quick and easy ways to save money that will really show a difference over an extended amount of time!
- Set a budget
- Never be afraid to ask if you can get a better price
- Write a list before you go to the store
- Shop for presents all year long
- Cut back on convenience foods and plan ahead for meals
- Sign up for customer rewards programs, especially at places you frequent
- Shop for school supplies all year long
- Make your own cleaning supplies
- Buy holiday decorations a year early when they are discounted
- Make coffee at home instead of picking it up at the coffee shop
- Change the temperature on your thermostat a degree or two
- Have dinner at home instead of eating out by freezing meals ahead of time
- Prepare for travel by using deals online
- Visit the library instead of the book store
- Buy clothes at thrift stores or yard sales
- Make homemade gifts
- Instead of going to the movies wait till it is out on DVD and rent it
- Plan a weekly menu
- Get organized and cut clutter
- Swap items with friends – toys, movies, books
- Look over your insurance policies
- Price match at stores
- Shop Online
- Give yourself a manicure or pedicure
- Use Coupons
Have you read my Beginners Guide to Couponing Series?
And there you have it, some quick and easy ideas that you can save money!
Kim Ross also writes at A Little Bit of This and That ~ The Adventures of a Stay at Home Mom.