November 21st, 2011 at 5:05 am
By Kim Ross
Every year, we start to reflect on what we are truly thankful for. I shared how my kids were going to record their thanks earlier this month. I also made it a mission to post what I was thankful for on my personal Facebook page. I wanted to share some of these things that I forget day to day to be thankful for.
Today I am thankful for…..
- being a Stay/Work at Home Mom. I am thankful for my great husband Gary for supporting our family which makes me able to stay at home. I am also thankful for my Work at Home gigs that help me to add a little support to our life.
- My huge heating bill because it means I am warm.
- The piles of laundry because it means my loved ones are nearby.
- All the questions my kids ask because that means they are striving to learn more.
- My friends that help to talk me off the ledge when I feel like the world is caving in.
- The excitement of simple things.
- Today I am thankful that my kids are relatively healthy. As one sits home with the stomach flu and the other is here with a bad cold; I think of my friends and others that have children with much worse..
- For sleeping children.
- For TWO bathrooms and ONE working toilet.
- Excellent reports cards.
- My children who love to snuggle and hug.
- Food for our family. Our school canned drive collection helped spur some great discussion about the needy.
- Extended family nearby who are there to help. Their love and support means the world to us.
- Facebook and Pinterest who help me to take a little “vacation.”
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate.
- My craftiness and all the creations that I have been able to make. Not only does it keep me sane sometimes, but also makes me some cash on the side.
- All the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.
- Snow in Early November. Even though it is a little early, it does add a certain “magic” to the air.
- The wonder of little ones.
- The people that read the things I write on my blog and here at Garanimals. I have met so many wonderful people and it brings a smile to my face when people tell me how I helped them through something they read.
- A husband who not only watches the kids all day while I go shopping, but has them clean the playroom, finishes the laundry, and starts removing wallpaper from the bathroom walls.
Kim Ross also writes at A Little Bit of This and That ~ The Adventures of a Stay at Home Mom.